Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Dream Blog #1 - The Fire

So, this is my first dream blog. I hope you enjoy...

I was at work preparing for the visit from my corporate office. I went to walk one of the apartments and noticed a huge hole in the wall of a hallway. As I was examining the hole, I noticed all kinds of wiring and insulation. I could tell it was all very old. Some of the wiring even looked a little burnt. That's when I saw it... smoke. Oh... that's not good. I went into the apartment that had the adjoining wall, which was vacant, and noticed a hole in the wall on that side as well. At this point Leo, one of the maintenance guys from a sister property, was working on the wiring in the wall in the hallway. Brandy, a Property Manager from a sister property, was also their trying to help figure out the problem. As I looked at the hole inside the apartment I noticed flames. My building was on fire! I called 911 and we did what we could to keep it contained. It wasn't big flames... it was like the material on the inside of the wall was smoldering, but we knew that if someone didn't get their quick, we would have a big problem. Brandy, who has had some real problems at her property looked at me, almost defeated, and said, "You can go ahead and go home. I will stay here and wait for the fire trucks." My response to her was, "No, if you are here, I am here." Soon after the fire trucks pulled up and started putting axes to the walls of the building so they could cut out the fire.

And that's were it ended. I woke up to Andy telling me to get up so we could go work out (at 5:30).

Sometimes, I don't know where my dreams come from. This one is right on about how stressed I am about the visit from our corporate office. Which really is happening next Wednesday. Brandy has also had to deal with a lot at her property. During this last summer and with all the rain we got, her property flooded multiple times. On January 1st of this year one of her town homes caught fire and caused nearly $500,000 in damage and totaled two town homes. And just last weekend a pipe froze and burst in the bathroom to their maintenance shop. It flooded their entire basement level and ruined many important items. I admire her ability to keep pushing on, even though I am sure she feels like giving up.

So, here's hoping! Hoping that my corporate visit goes well and that no catastrophes happen on my property. Also hoping that my colleague will catch a break and have no more catastrophes, and maybe even get a long vacation in a warm place.

Have a great day!

Me

0 comments:

Post a Comment