Friday, January 15, 2010

Dream Blog #2- The Biggest Loser


Ok... So I LOVE the reality show, The Biggest Loser. I love how, for the most part, it's not about how you play the game. It's about changing your life. And not for money or fame. It's about figuring out how to live a healthy life style in a hectic world. In the end the contestants are able to live longer, fuller, happier lives.

Because I watch the show, almost religiously (it's sad really), it doesn't surprise me that I had a dream that I was a contestant. So, here's the dream...

Myself and the other Biggest Loser contestants were sitting at a picnic table. We were near the beach and, although, we were near it, we weren't close enough to see it. Jillian & Bob came up to give us our challenge. We were to run.

Now, on a side note, I don't run. In real life, I don't run. I will ride a bike, hang out on an elliptical machine, and find other workouts, but running is not something I have ever been able to do. I have weak knees and I have never had very good cardio. However, I have always envied those who could run. They always talk about how exhilarating it is. Ok, so back to the dream...

I was terrified about running. I just knew I was going to fail. I honestly don't remember how long we were supposed to run. I do know it was several miles. I started running with the rest of the group and then saw a separate path. I knew the path was longer, but the scenery was better. So, I left the group and went on my own, down the long path. I jogged my way through some trees. I smelled the beach before I got to it. The smell of warm salt water filled my nose and I took a big, deep breath. Then I came out of the trees and onto the beach. The fresh breeze in my nose and the feel of the sand under my feet gave me what I needed. I thought to myself, I should be getting tired. But I wasn't tired. I was full of energy. My legs were going to take me anywhere I wanted. Just then I realized a spirit in the air. Right at that moment I knew that my step-dad, Ralph, was looking down at me very proud at what I was accomplishing. With a huge smile and tears pouring down my face, I continued to run.

When I woke up, I felt at peace.


0 comments:

Post a Comment