Wednesday, June 6, 2012

21 Days of Prayer/Journaling - Day 3 - "Have Faith"

The question posed today by Pastor Hoover is, "Have you ever arrived at a place in your life that you never would have chosen yourself?"

The answer to this question is easy, but very difficult to share. I am in that place right now and God has still not revealed why He asks me to wait. I just know that it's not my time, yet.

I have wanted to be a mother for a long, long time. I remember even at the age of 16 thinking how great it would be to have a child to love and to care for. I would have had a very different life had God granted me that wish when I was so young. So, for that, I am very thankful that God didn't grant my wish, but the desire for motherhood has never really gone away.

Now people ask me all the time, "When are you going to have kids?" My husband and I have been married for nearly 6 years and it just seems like the natural course of action. Get married, have kids, grow old. There are several reasons why my husband & I have not had children. However, the most important is that God has asked for my patience. I get those promptings in my heart, those gentle whispers, that say, "Not yet."


In the meantime, I try not to focus on the things I don't have and instead I focus on the amazing things God has given me. I am so thankful that I have had this time to get to know my husband. He is an amazing man and I learn something new about him every day. I am thankful that God has revealed himself to me. I strive to make Him a part of my daily life so that my family will live in a God-centered home.

So, even though I definitely saw myself with children by now, I have to thank God for not giving them to me, yet. He knows what is best for me. He knows when I will be ready to take that responsibility. I put my faith in Him to decide when that time will be.

0 comments:

Post a Comment